Pages

Thursday 6 September 2018

Reading task - Hemoana and Fenu

For the last two days my class has been learning about Myths from the Pacific. Each person was put into groups with a culture that they had to read a myth about. I was first in the New Zealand group but we didn't have a myth to read about so my teacher Mrs Aireen but me and the rest of the people in the New Zealand group into the Tuvaluan group. Our myth was about two different islands that were called NukuNonu Atoll and Fakaofo, in the story both of the islands had a female spirit the spirit names where Hemoana and Fenu. In the story Fenu came of to the island that Hemoana lives on and tried to steal some of the freshwater that Hemoana had with a clam shell, after Fenu scoops up some of the water Hemoana jumps out from inside of a rock and chases down Fenu until she stops when she stops Hemoana smacks the clam shell out of Fenu's hand. Thinking that smacking the water out of her hand would do nothing it makes water go everywhere and makes streams with fresh water, while Hemoana is running away she taking one of the trees on the island and replanted it back on her island.

My three tasks where to analyze, summarize what the myth was about, evaluate, what I thought about the myth and create, my create task was to make a billboard poster to show where the pandanus tree came from. For my evaluate task I talked about what I thought about the myth, something that I would change and my analyze task and what I would rate this myth on a scale from one to ten. I thought something that could've happened differently was Fenus could've asked for some of the water instead of trying to steal the water. If this was to relate to me it would be between me and one of my siblings. I think that it would be between both of us because we would want what the other has. If that happens I would swap items with my siblings so that there is no fighting and we know where our items are.

No comments:

Post a Comment