Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2018

My Pepeha

WALA : our pepeha 
Today I will be talking about my pepeha, my pepeha is a way of me introducing myself, letting other people know about where I am from and what tribe I am from. You would say your pepeha when you are on a marae and you have to introduce you and your family, my pepeha is ... 


Ko Maungarei toku maunga ( my mountain ).
Ko Tamaki toku awa  ( my river ).
Ko Nga Puhi toku iwi ( my tribe ).
Ko Ruapotaka toku marae ( my marae ).
No New Zealand ahau ( where I am from ).
Kei Pakuranga kainga inaianei ( where I live ).
Ko Tamaki Primary School toku kura ( my school ).
Ko Bell - Morrison toku whanau ( my family name, my last name ).
Ko Terry toku matua ( my dad ).
Ko Bonnie toku whaea ( my mum ).
Ko Perenara Cameron Bell - Morrison toku ingoa ( my name ).
This is my pepeha this is what I would say to introduce my self where ever I go or when I go onto a marae. My tribe is Nga Puhi, My river is the tamaki river, My mountain is mount wellington and I now live in pakuranga. My task was to record my self saying my pepeha click the link to watch and listen to me reading my pepeha and to see how I have written it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment