Pages

Friday 6 July 2018

What I have learnt this Term about Earth and Beyond

This term we have been learning a lot about our inquiry topic Earth and beyond , I have learnt a lot of things this term like ... 


What have  I learnt so far ?? And what new knowledge have I learnt ??
I Have learnt a lot of things about our Galaxy and lots about the stars, planets, comets and other things in  our galaxy like …
  1. Comets got their name from Aristotle
  2. People believe that in the center of our Galaxy there is a giant black hole
  3. And that the stars that we see at night are most likely giant blue stars three times the size of our sun
  4. That there are three different types of star red dwarf star, yellow medium stars and giant blue stars
  5. That our galaxy is believed to have eaten smaller galaxies inits past years of existing life span
  6. That black hole are created when I star dies/ before a star dies there is a tiny virus inside of them that starts to eat away at the remaining mass that the star has left and before the star even knows what's happening to it, it explodes into comets, black holes or supernova’s
  7. That if two black holes cross paths they will battle pushing the other one of and the bigger the black hole the greater the black hole


What is interesting about this topic ??
I think that this topic is very interesting because there are a lot of things that you get to find out about the galaxy and the other planets and comets that it  brings along with it. I also think that this is a interesting topic because I got to learn where the “ Milky way “ got its name from ( Hera - a Greek Goddess ) Greek people in that era believed that she spilt milk across the sky wichis why they gave the Galaxy the name “ Galaxais Kyklos “ or road of milky.


What have I found challenging about this topic ??

I have found a lot of things about this topic very challenging because it was hard totryand find different information about the Milky Way and actually understand people gave the Galaxy the name Milky Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment