Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Figurative language. WALA: Write the definitions for for Alliteration and Hyperbole understand the meaning of them.

Today we were doing maths and we were learning about figurative language but this wasn't the first time that we learnt about figurative language we have done it two other times throughout the week. We learnt that in figurative language there is more than one thing that falls under the collem figurative language like similes ( comparing two unlike things ) , Metaphors ( when you compare to dissimilar things ) , Personification ( giving non - human things human qualities ) , Onomatopoeia ( something that impersonates sound through word form ) .  These were the things that we have learnt in the past two to three days I think that the next time that we are doing writing I will try and add some of these things into my story. Because I want to try and give my stories my meaning and more detail and so that more and more people will want to read it. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Perenara,
    I really like the way your reflection about writing is short and simple. I also like the way you added the meaning of Metaphor, Simile and Personification so the reader has more knowledge about these things! Next time you could try proof reading your work just so it makes sense. Because in your intro you said 'Today in maths we done figurative language'. I know what you were supposed to say but I don't know if those who weren't with us for writing do! Other than that you done a great job, keep it up!

    - Lydia

    ReplyDelete