Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

Kiwisport Reflection

Today we started out the week and the morning with Kiwisport this session we did things a little different instead of having tennis outside on the courts we had it in our school hall. We had Tennis inside because the games that we were doing didn't require much space and our instructor Peter thought that if we were inside we wouldn't have the urge to hit as hard as we would if we were inside.  And well some of us were doing Tennis the other half was outside playing cricket it sounded like they were having a lot of fun but I will tell you about Tennis first. So for Tennis to start things out we had a mini game just like having a rally then we were taught how to smash. When you are smashing it is when someone throws the ball up and you aim and try to gently smack it back to your partner but if you were in a real game you would want to hit it as hard as you can.

When it was our turn to go and play cricket we found that it was really hard to hit the ball because it would not bounce on the ground because the grass was to long. So we decided to move the cricket set to the court were it would be able to bounce because of the concrete it took us awhile to get there because people were walking slow and taking their time. But when we did get their w got straight back into the game and started up batting again  and bowling. We did this for awhile before anyone got out me and my friend wallymei ( here's the link to his blog check it out ) got five people out each we were having a lot of fun.
I think that maybe next time I need to work on actually trying to bat because I was just letting it go pass so that they had a chance to get me out but that plan did not work so in the end I ended up hitting the wicket just to get out. I think that most of what did well though because my catching really improved and was starting to get out of my shell and work with my team and the people that I dont work with that much.








No comments:

Post a Comment