Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

Camp Reflection

Last week the year seven and eights of Tamaki Primary school went away on a camp in Ragland, There was a lot of exciting things that happened throughout the camp like Abseiling, Kayaking, Orienteering and lots of fun things to do on the campsite. Out of all the new things that we got to do throughout the week I think that I enjoyed doing Orienteering the most because I got to learn a little bit about how to use a compass and a map. I also enjoyed this because I got the chance to work with some of the people that I wouldn't usually work with throughout our normal week and people that I don't really hang out with and spend time with. 

Even though that was all fun and running up hills and finding checkpoint on a map I did run into some challenges and some that weren't to do with Orienteering I  found Abseiling really difficult. I Think that I found Abseiling Difficult Because we had to go down a small waterfall and it was very slippery and you couldn't really get a good grip of any of the things around you so  that you would be steady. And the main challenge that I ran  into during camp was Kayaking because even though it was very fun paddling with you friend behind or in front of you and looking at all of your surroundings, it was hard to get back to where we started because you would get tired and you would try to catch up with one of your friends. 

One thing that I learnt while we were away at camp was how to work in a team, and this is the main thing that I wanted to learn while we were away because when ever I worked in a group I would usually let my team do most of the work.But after a week of working with my friends and peers I came back wanting to work in a team all the time because it was listening to everyone's ideas and helping everyone else that I was with.


No comments:

Post a Comment