Pages

Friday 23 November 2018

Athletics

Last week on Friday 16th of November, T.P.S (  Tamaki Primary School ) had their school athletics day.  Every year T.P.S have their school athletics as a fun way for all their year eight students to leave and students from the past to come back and support their house.

There are four different houses Tobruk, Benghazi, Alamein, Tripoli and they different colours to help represent their houses a bit more Tripoli is blue, Tobruk is red, Benghazi is green and Alamein is yellow.  I am in the Red team Tobruk, I think that my house is the best because we are one of the only two groups that have two recorded wins.  We had this event at the TPS field which was fulled with kids and parents running up and down it ( including teachers ) . We had four different sports that we did before running they were Standing jump, long jump, shot put and discus. My favourite sport out of all four was long jump because it involved my two favourite things running and jumping.

Image result for athletics jumping
Image result for athleticsThe running races were really tiring, we started of with the little kids first from five year old's all the way upto me and a couple of other boys who are thirteen as the age
went up so did the length of the race it started at 15 meter and ended at 100 meter .  My first race of the day was a bit funny because all the thirteen old boys tied in the first race and were all laughing at the end because I was running with a cape on and it looked funny.  After our 100 meter race we started on our 400 meter races the year six's all the way upto year seven and eights. When the race first started I was in last place because I was only jogging and when I saw everyone else starting to get tired I started to sprint and ended up coming second place.

At the end of the day we had our final races for all the people that came first, second and third and our house chants. When we got to our house chants we were all putting 100%  effort into chanting as loud as we could, this was my favorite part of the day because people were happy and dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment