Pages

Friday 10 November 2017

Te Tuhi Trip 2

Hi today we went to Te Tuhi to do some art based on our turangawaewae ( A place to stand or to call home).We drew four different things our Home,Family, Stories and culture.For home I drew a Marae because our ancestors used them for meetings or funerals,For family I did two different things and they were the diamond pattern and a kuru wai pattern.I used these two because the kuru wai represents my maori side and the diamond in the pacific represent the generations in your family.For my story I choose maui and the sun because I heard it a lot growing up and it has grown on me from a little age.And for culture I used love hearts and because I love the pacific and where I am from (New Zealand and the Cook Islands) and blobs that look like hills because to me they are some of the island's hidden under water all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment